What is a snippet?
What is the function of Smart AD snippet?
A Smart AD snippet has 2 functions:
- Letting the Smart AD ad server know that a web visitor is browsing your website.
- Showing the web visitor banners if the ad server says so.
Does Smart AD snippet make my website slower?
No, it doesn’t, because:
- The Smart AD snippet works asynchronously, which means that website content does not have to wait for the snippet to be loaded.
- The Smart AD snippet connects to the ad server only after website content has been loaded.
Where should I place the Smart AD snippet?
The general answer to this question is that you should put the Smart AD snippet anywhere in the head tag (between <head> and </head>). But it also works well anywhere in the body tag (between <body> and </body>).
NB! Putting the Smart AD snippet in the head or body tag will guarantee that you get complete data about your ad spaces and website evolution profile.
- When you create standard banner position for Smart AD, you should put the Smart AD snippet in the exact position you want the banner to appear, because, with standard banners, the Smart AD ad server cannot itself decide where to place the banner (like it can do with overlay type of banners).
- If your website has high traffic volumes and you have made specific subsections on your website (for example, different languages, different activities or different issues), you might want to create more than one ad space for Smart AD, as this allows us to sell your website for a higher value. If this is the case, you should place Smart AD snippets so that they cover only the subsection they are meant to cover.
How do I place Smart AD snippet?
Basically, there are 3 options of where to place Smart AD snippet in your website’s code:
- You can do it through your website’s content management system (CMS). This means that you will have to add the Smart AD snippet to your website template.
- You can also change your website template directly via FTP.
- If those 2 methods do not work, you will need to ask for assistance from your website technical support or website creator.
NB! You can always ask for advice from Smart AD’s technical support as well.
How can I check whether I have placed the Smart AD snippet successfully?
Just follow these 3 steps to verify that the code is correctly placed:
- Go to your website.
- Open the function toolbar by right-clicking the mouse and choosing the function “View page source”.
- Search for “bepolite.eu”
Bepolite.eu is always in Smart AD snippets, and this is the best way to recognize Smart AD snippets.
After that, log in to the Smart AD system and look at website statistics to see if any hits have come through.
What if I work with more than one ad sales partner?
It is, of course, your decision on how to resolve that situation, but we recommend that you insert the Smart AD snippet just the way we recommend above, and then use the Smart AD ad server callback functionality.
What is callback functionality?
Callback functionality allows our ad server to activate the other snippet (which you have to send us) if we do not have a banner to show. This solution will guarantee that you can enjoy all the advantages that the Smart AD evolution profile has to offer.